Passing out from high school only thrusts you into a world of cut-throat competition. In this world, you either make it or mar it. Without a Godfather in the job market, the stakes just escalate and you have to listen to your instincts. To do away with difficult challenges, the best college education in india holds a pivotal role in your career. No matter where you are or which profession you take up, a strong educational background is always a strong merit.
Walking on a bleak line
Sadly, but true, the dream of a flawless and unparalleled college education system in india is like a bubble. It is easily burst and you really cannot help it. This is one of the many reasons why that the recent years have seen a large number of meritorious students seeking admission in foreign universities. The major pitfalls are inclusive of the following:
- Diminishing standard of education:A-grade standard of higher education has become a myth in India and the foremost reason being a degrading system of education. The education committees and commissions need reframing and redefining to cope with the changing times. Clinging on to the old commissions is doing more harm than one to the youngsters.
- Poor teaching faculty:The faculties are not always well-trained in the profession. They seem to be reluctant and at times get the job through undeniable recommendations without the required teaching skills and degrees.Distance education colleges in india face even a worse situation with almost no faculty to teach, guide or assess the pupils.
- Political and social unrest:Yes,college education in india had, is and will suffer from students’ agitations and movements. In the recent past, the entire country had been a witness to the protests against the quota system and how students set themselves on fire. Consequently, regular lectures, exams, admissions and declaration of exam results were immensely disrupted. How can one possibly study with a shackled mind?
- Age-old curriculum: The cost of college education in india soars higher every academic year with the curriculum seeing no change or alteration. Especially in government institutions, the same curriculum has been going on for ages. Besides, most colleges and universities do not welcome newer teaching and learning techniques and methods. Amidst the hustle of inclusive education, there is indeed no place for the otherwise abled.
- The medium of instruction:Regional colleges deter from adapting to English as a medium of instruction for subjects other than literature. So, even if the professor is teaching well many students fail to understand the lecture. This is why a major number of college aspirants do not even seek admission in the best colleges although they are offered scholarships for free college education in india.
Tagore had wanted an India “Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high” and especially “Where knowledge is free”. But that is unfortunately not the case any longer with the college education in india.